West Virginia State Vehicle Inspection
The busier life becomes, the easier it can be for your annual WV vehicle inspection to sneak up on you. We’re here to help make it easy. Simply stop by your local participating Goodyear Auto Service store for your West Virginia state-certified vehicle inspection today.
LOCAL STORES THAT OFFER STATE VEHICLE INSPECTIONS
OUR WEST VIRGINIA STATE VEHICLE INSPECTION SERVICES
What’s Included with a WV Vehicle Inspection at Goodyear Auto Service?
As part of our test, a certified inspector will carefully do the following to ensure your vehicle meets West Virginia’s safety and emissions standards:
- Check your safety glass
- Check your vehicle’s sheet metal, bumpers, fenders and frame
- Check your horn, rear view mirror, windshield wipers and plate mounting
- Check your brake system – service and emergency brake, brake linings, brake pedal and all hoses
- Check your front end and steering components
- Check your exhaust system and fuel system
- Check your tires and wheels
- Check your lights, safety devices and seat belts
- Affix a new inspection sticker to your vehicle windshield
What Else Should I Know About Vehicle Inspections in West Virginia?
Some vehicles do not require safety inspections. These include:
- House trailers
- Special vehicles
- Trailers under 2,000 lbs.
- Antique vehicles
You will also need to bring:
- Proof of West Virginia car insurance
- One of the following proofs of ownership:
- Vehicle title
- Vehicle registration card
- Notarized bill of sale
- Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin
- Valid temporary registration
- Payment for your inspection
If your vehicle fails the safety inspection, you will receive a rejection sticker. You must have it repaired and retested within 5 days of the failed inspection. After 5 days, you will be required to undergo and pay for a complete inspection again.
Where Can I Get a WV State Inspection Near Me?
Each of the Goodyear Auto Service locations listed above offers state vehicle inspections. For more information on the inspection contact one of your local West Virginia locations, or choose to make an appointment right from this site.
How Often Are State Vehicle Inspections Required?
West Virginia requires most vehicles to undergo a safety inspection every year.
Why Choose a Goodyear Auto Service Location as your State Vehicle Inspection Station?
The certified technicians at your local Goodyear Auto Service understand the specific requirements that must be met to pass a West Virginia vehicle inspection, and will work closely with you to determine exactly what your vehicle needs to you know exactly what you vehicle needs to stay road-ready in The Mountain State.