FREE ROAD READY CHECK
Many Americans have been doing their part to help stop the spread of COVID-19 by limiting non-essential trips. Has your car been sitting idle or barely used in the garage or driveway for the past several weeks? This could impact your brakes, tires, battery, under-the-hood fluids, as well as air and cabin ventilation systems.
As our country begins to re-open, you may start up your car for the first time or begin to travel a little farther than the grocery store. Now is a good time to look into whether all these systems are functioning as they should.
Goodyear Auto Service has remained open during this pandemic and we’re here to help you as we move forward. During June, all of our locations will be offering a free Road Ready Check to help drivers get back on the road this summer. Our trained professionals will help inspect your vehicle for some common “quarantine culprits” to help ensure everything is in top shape before you hit the road, including:
- Tire Check: During our tire check, we’ll conduct a visual check of the tire condition, tread depth, tread pattern, and air pressure, which will include checking to see whether cracking or flat spots have developed from being parked too long.
- Brake Check: During our brake check, we’ll conduct a visual inspection of brake pads and rotors, shoes and drums, calipers, wheel cylinders, brake hoses, master cylinder and brake fluid level. Brakes can sometimes develop rust or build-up from lack of use or sitting idle.
- Battery Check: During our battery check, we’ll test the voltage of your battery. Sometimes, a vehicle that’s been sitting idle can experience a loss in battery voltage. Fully charged batteries should measure at 12.6 volts or above. When the engine is running, this measurement should be 13.7 to 14.7 volts.
- Fluid Check: During our fluids check, our certified professionals will carefully inspect your under-the-hood fluids, checking levels and ensuring no leaks have developed since your last drive. This includes power steering fluid, brake fluid, transmission fluid and antifreeze or coolant fluid, all of which are essential to keeping your car functioning properly.
- Air and Cabin Ventilation Check: During our air and cabin filter check, we’ll inspect your air and cabin filters, which are designed to capture dirt, pollen and pollutants to keep your vehicle running smoothly. A clean engine air filter also helps ensure that the air burned in your engine is clean, proper airflow is maintained and the combustion chamber doesn’t get clogged with dirt. A clean cabin filter helps keep pollutants from entering your car’s cabin so you can breathe easy on the road.
Schedule an appointment today for a free Road Ready Check at your nearest Goodyear Auto Service location. Offer valid now through June 30, 2020.