AC & Car Heater Vent Cleaning ServiceOur Heater & AC odor eliminator service is designed to remove small debris and neutralize micro-organisms to alleviate the smells and odors emanating from your vents. Doing this will help clean mold and mildew from your air-conditioning/heating ventilation system to keep allergens and other pollutants from your car’s cabin.
Ventilation systems direct the flow of air conditioned or heated air into your car. Although many ventilation systems have a cabin filter, the dirt, pollen, pollutants, and contaminants that come with day-to-day driving, may be captured within the ventilation system.
Signs Your AC or Car Heater Vents Need Cleaned:
- You notice a musty or odd odor coming from your car’s air vents
- You drive in places with higher-than-average levels dust, pollution, or pollen
At Goodyear Auto Service, our service technicians will perform the following actions when purchasing our Vent Cleaning Service:
- Visually inspect the ventilation system (air-conditioning/heating) to determine if it is operating properly
- Perform a service to help clean mold and mildew from the system
- Note: After the service has been performed, you will notice a slight spearmint fragrance. This will dissipate after a few hours leaving the system odorless.
Where Can I Get a Vent Cleaning Service Near Me?
All Goodyear Auto Service locations offer both air conditioning and car heater vent services for your vehicle any time of the year. To find a service center near you, go to our find a service center page. Find a Service Center
Why is a Clean Ventilation System Important?
A clean ventilation system helps keep smog, allergens, and other pollutants from entering your car’s cabin.
What Causes Bad Smells from Air Vents?
When the air conditioning is on, the rapid cooling of air can cause condensation allowing fungus, mold, and mildew to form on the plastic and foam inside the ventilation system. The fungus is then blown into the car with the air conditioned or heated air.
How Often Should Car AC & Heater Vents be Cleaned?
A musty odor from the heating/air conditioning ventilation system could be an indication of a buildup of fungi/mildew. If you drive in places with higher-than-average levels of dust, pollution, or pollen, you may need the service more frequently.