The “right amount” of air for your tires is specified by the vehicle manufacturer and is shown on the vehicle door edge, door post, glove box door or fuel door. It is also listed in the owner’s manual.
1. When you check the air pressure, make sure the tires are cool — meaning they are not hot from driving even a mile. (NOTE: If you have to drive a distance to get air, check and record the tire pressure first and add the appropriate air pressure when you get to the pump. It is normal for tires to heat up and the air pressure inside to go up as you drive. Never “bleed” or reduce air pressure when tires are hot.)
2. Remove the cap from the valve on one tire.
3. Firmly press a tire gauge onto the valve.
4. Add air to achieve recommended air pressure.
5. If you overfill the tire, release air by pushing on the metal stem in the center of the valve with a fingernail or the tip of a pen. Then recheck the pressure with your tire gauge.
6. Replace the valve cap.
7. Repeat with each tire, including the spare. (NOTE: Some spare tires require higher inflation pressure.)
8. Visually inspect the tires to make sure there are no nails or other objects embedded that could poke a hole in the tire and cause an air leak.
9. Check the sidewalls to make sure there are no gouges, cuts, bulges or other irregularities.
NOTE: Air pressure in a tire goes up (in warm weather) or down (in cold weather) 1–2 pounds for every 10 degrees of temperature change.
* Free tire check: No purchase necessary. Instant tire rebate. Subject to credit approval. To double the instant savings the qualifying Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly tire purchase must be made on the Goodyear Credit Card. Offer valid at participating Goodyear Auto Service locations only. Most vehicles. No other discounts apply. Will be deducted from the price at time of purchase. Purchase of a set of Goodyear, Dunlop or Kelly tires includes one free pair of Valvoline Front Windshield Wiper Blades; excludes rear, winter, and specialty blades. Includes free wiper installation at the time of tire purchase. Tires must be installed at the time of purchase. Additional charge for shop supplies, up to 7% or $25 maximum, may be added. Special State Exceptions: FL - waste fluid fee may apply; CA - $2.50 fluid disposal fee applies but no additional charge for shop supplies applies; PA - no fluid disposal charges apply; NY - no fluid disposal or additional charge for shop supplies applies. See store associate for complete details.
§§ Free Flat Repair Includes: Dismounting and inspection of the tire to determine the cause of the inflation pressure loss and whether or not it can be repaired. Repairs performed in accordance with strict industry standards and Proper plugging/patching from the inside of the tire if suitable for repair. Most passenger and light truck tires and is applicable only to individual consumers and does not include a new TPMS sensor.
* There may be fees associated with your tire purchase and these may vary by location. Some states and local municipalities charge fees and taxes specifically on tires. Some vehicles require additional parts and/or labor to install tires. These fees are listed on the website and on your invoice when your tires are installed.
** Your local store manager will do their best to ensure that the tire you select is in stock before you arrive for your schedule appointment.
§ Oil Change suggested price is based on the vehicle manufacturer's recommendations based on type and amount of oil for your vehicle. Up to 5 quarts of oil. Must present coupon to get this offer. Cartridge or non standard filter and/or additional diesel oil extra. Fluid/filter disposal charges may apply. Additional charge for shop supplies, up to 7% or $25 maximum, may be added. See store for complete details. Special State Exceptions: FL - Waste oil / filter fee may apply; CA - $2.50 fluid / filter disposal fee apply but no additional charge for shop supplies apply; PA - no fluid disposal charges apply; NY - no fluid disposal or additional charge for shop supplies apply. No other discounts apply. Cash value 1/50¢.
DuPont™ and Kevlar® are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company