The “right amount” of air for your tires is specified by the vehicle manufacturer and is shown on the vehicle door edge, door post, glove box door or fuel door. It is also listed in the owner’s manual.
1. When you check the air pressure, make sure the tires are cool — meaning they are not hot from driving even a mile. (NOTE: If you have to drive a distance to get air, check and record the tire pressure first and add the appropriate air pressure when you get to the pump. It is normal for tires to heat up and the air pressure inside to go up as you drive. Never “bleed” or reduce air pressure when tires are hot.)
2. Remove the cap from the valve on one tire.
3. Firmly press a tire gauge onto the valve.
4. Add air to achieve recommended air pressure.
5. If you overfill the tire, release air by pushing on the metal stem in the center of the valve with a fingernail or the tip of a pen. Then recheck the pressure with your tire gauge.
6. Replace the valve cap.
7. Repeat with each tire, including the spare. (NOTE: Some spare tires require higher inflation pressure.)
8. Visually inspect the tires to make sure there are no nails or other objects embedded that could poke a hole in the tire and cause an air leak.
9. Check the sidewalls to make sure there are no gouges, cuts, bulges or other irregularities.
NOTE: Air pressure in a tire goes up (in warm weather) or down (in cold weather) 1–2 pounds for every 10 degrees of temperature change.
†† Only on select discontinued tires, not available at all stores. While supplies last. No rain checks. Prices shown exclude installation, taxes and fees, TPMS. Not to be combined with any other offer on same product. Instant savings does not apply. Offer valid only at Goodyear Auto Service Center locations. Offer void where prohibited. See store for full details.
* There may be fees associated with your tire purchase and these may vary by location. Some states and local municipalities charge fees and taxes specifically on tires. Some vehicles require additional parts and/or labor to install tires. These fees are listed on the website and on your invoice when your tires are installed.
** Your local store manager will do their best to ensure that the tire you select is in stock before you arrive for your schedule appointment.
§ Up to 5 quarts of oil. Canister/cartridge filter, diesel, and additional oil extra. Fluid/filter disposal charges may apply.
† Mail-In Rebate for a Goodyear Visa« Prepaid Card valid on purchases between January 1 and February 28, 2015. One Mail-In Rebate for a Prepaid Card per qualifying purchase and per invoice. Limit one (1) rebate form per tire purchase, per envelope. Offers available only at participating U.S. Goodyear Retailers. Offer valid only for U.S. residents who are individual consumers with mailing addresses in the U.S. and U.S. territories. Commercial fleets are not eligible for these rebates. Rebates are on a set of four tires. If your vehicle requires six tires, rebates are available on a prorated basis for the two additional tires. The prorated rebate amount, per additional tire, is 25% of the rebate amount listed above. The minimum purchase is a set of four tires and the maximum purchase is six tires per invoice. Purchases made on the Goodyear Credit Card are subject to credit approval. Get a $40 Prepaid Card ($80 if purchase is made on the Goodyear Credit Card) when you purchase a set of four of the following tires: Assurance Fuel Max, Assurance cs Fuel Max, Wrangler SR-A, Eagle Sport All-Season. Get a $60 Prepaid Card ($120 if purchase is made on the Goodyear Credit Card) when you purchase a set of four of the following tires: Assurance ComforTred Touring, Assurance TripleTred All-Season, Assurance cs TripleTred All-Season, Wrangler All-Terrain Adventure with Kevlar, Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season, Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2, All other Eagle F1 Family. Base portion of rebate offered by Goodyear and doubled portion of rebate offered by CitiBank, N.A. The Goodyear Credit Card is issued by Citibank, N.A. Completed Rebate Form must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2015. Allow 6 to 8 weeks for Prepaid Card delivery. Goodyear reserves the right to substitute a check of equal value in lieu of a Prepaid Card at its discretion. For additional questions, or to check the status of your rebate, you may visit www.GoodyearTireRebates.com or call the Goodyear Rebate Customer Service at 1-855-816-2788 weekdays, 8am to 7pm CT. Fraudulent submissions will not be honored and may be prosecuted. Sponsor is not responsible for noncomplying Rebate Submissions or for lost, late, illegible, postage-due or undeliverable mail. Noncomplying Rebate Submissions will not be honored, acknowledged or returned. Void where taxed, restricted or prohibited by law. All decisions made by Goodyear (or its authorized representatives) relating to the validity of any submissions are final and binding. This promotion is subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Retain copies of the materials you submit. Additional terms and conditions apply. Ask participating Retailer for complete details and Rebate Form.
Visa is a registered trademark of Visa U.S.A. Inc. Goodyear Visa Prepaid Cards are issued by Citibank, N.A. pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and managed by Citi Prepaid Services. Goodyear is not affiliated with Visa. Prepaid Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Visa debit cards are accepted. Each time you use the Card the amount of the transaction will be deducted from the amount of your available balance. Card will be issued in the name on the redemption form only. Card valid for 6 months, subject to applicable law. Terms and conditions apply to the Prepaid Card. See Prepaid Card for details. To check the balance of your Card or receive the terms and conditions, visit prepaid.citi.com/goodyearrebates or call 1-800-522-7458.
DuPont™ and Kevlar« are trademarks or registered trademarks of E.I. du Pont de Nemours and Company